Banking business in the young community began in the Auxvasse Bank building built by J.A. Harrison in 1886 and continued there until its closing in 1924.
Later the People’s Bank headed by Crockett Harrison was followed by the Farmer’s and Trader’s Bank begun by R.R. Buckner. Both banks occupied the building vacated by the Security Bank when it moved to its new home on the northeast corner of Main and Walnut, former site of the Lacrosse Lumber Company.
J.M. Motley opened the Security Bank on January 25, 1930. Opened a branch in Kingdom City in February of 1975, sold it to a group of local citizens composed of Frank Holland, Hughes Maupin, E.C. Woods, C.H. Hook and R.E. Mottaz, bought the business and continued to run it until the retirement of the President, R.E. Mottaz in 1982, at which time the holding company bought it, with Michael Long serving as President.
In November of 1987, Walter and Toni Schubert bought the Security Bank of Auxvasse, opened a branch in Fulton, Mo in 1991, renamed the bank to United Security Bank and have maintained ownership since.